2019 Elections Open for NEARI Officers
At the annual NEARI Delegate Assembly meeting on May 23, 2019, delegates will vote for NEARI officers in the regular biennial election. The positions open are:
- Vice President
- Assistant Secretary
- Assistant Treasurer
- NEA Director
Area Vice Presidents
- Region I
- Region II
- Region III
- Region IV
- Region V
- Higher Education
- Higher Education ESP
- K-12 ESP
By March 1, 2019
- Candidates must declare their intentions in writing to Executive Director Bob Walsh. Declarations may be delivered to the NEARI offices or mailed to 99 Bald Hill Rd. Cranston, RI 02920.
- If after nominations close there are no declared candidates for a particular office, a member or members may be nominated from the floor of the General Assembly.
- Candidates may submit a statement and/or photograph for publication in Newsline prior to the May election.
By April 1, 2019
- Candidates may deliver adequate copies of an election flyer/brochure to the NEARI office to be mailed to all delegates at the candidate's expense.
- Candidates may request from the Elections Committee one set of mailing labels for all delegates.
No portion of dues money collected at the state, local, or national level shall be used to promote the candidacy of any individual.
Election of statewide officers shall be by a majority of delegates voting at the May Delegate Assembly. Election of Area Vice Presidents shall be by delegates present who are part of each region or constituency group.